ORGANIC PESTICIDE - IT USES LEMONS!
Similar to the story we did on Orange Guard, this organic insect killer uses a base not of oranges, but of lemon oil.
It's called SharpShooter and it's a natural organic insect killer made of natural lemon components that kill insects on contact. It comes in a ready-to-use formula can be used indoors and outdoors.
The active ingredient d-Limonene found in citrus oils kills many flying and crawling insects on contact by destroying the waxy coating of the insect's respiratory system. With their respiratory systems damaged, the insects basically suffocate.
This is an excellent organic pesticide for the hobby gardener with a variety of plants, as it is designed to kill a host of flying and crawling insects on contact.
It's safe to use on your favorite roses, flowers, vegetables, shrubs and fruit trees, and it kills the most common flying and crawling insects, including:
SharpShooter is an excellent product to try out. It is safe to use even on the day of harvest.
- Spray when insects first appear
- Make sure to spray as many insects as possible to ensure control
- If foliage is thick, make sure to spray thoroughly to get hiding insects
- Spray upper and lower foliage until run-off
- Repeat weekly or as needed to control infestation
- Avoid spraying plants in hot midday sun
- Spray up to the day of harvest