Gardening stools make gardening easier on the back and knees by eliminating the need to crawl on one’s knees. Building a gardening stool with storage for tools and seeds is easy and fun. You will need the following things to build this stool:
1X12X8 piece of lumber
48 inches 1/4 inch in diameter wooden dowel
Drill with 1/4 inch drill bit
2 1 X3 inch hinges
1) Cut the board in half
2) Cut one 15 inch piece from each half of the board
3) Cut the remaining piece of each half in half. You should now have four pieces that are the exact same size and two fifteen inch pieces.
4)Cut a half circle out of the bottom of each of the fifteen inch pieces of wood. This becomes the bottom of the ends of the box.
5) Choose two of the other boards to be the sides of your box. The other two will be the bottom and top of the box.
6)Cut a strip 3/4 inch wide and five inches long from the bottom of each side of the side boards. Cut a strip 3/4 inch wide and five inches long from the top of each of the end boards. They should look like the photo when you are finished.
7)Fit one side together with the end boards and glue together. Let the glue dry before proceeding with the next step.
8)Drill two 1/4 inch holes 1 1/2 inch deep on each end and empty the sawdust out of them. Glue the dowel rod in each hole and cut off flush with the surface of the wood.
9) Glue the other side on and put in dowel rods in the same manner as this one.
10) Cut 1 1/2 inch off of each edge of the bottom board. It should fit snugly into the bottom of the box. Glue and fix with dowel rods.
11) Fix the lid on with two hinges as in the picture.
12) Enjoy your finished garden stool with storage.
Copyright WM Media. All rights reserved.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.