A Good Summer Project
If you have kids, or even if you don’t, a fun summer project is to make a garden house.
1. You can use an old table, or better, the top of an old bird bath that isn’t used anymore for the base
2. Fill it with a bit of growing medium, but keep it shallow
3. Plant various succulents and moss, and add some broken tile for a walkway
4. Lastly, the house can be made with paper mache or to keep longer, plaster of paris. Just make 4 “walls” which are poured squares, and cut out ares for the windows and door. When dry, just wire together.
5. For the roof, we just made 2 squares and wired them at the top when dry and set it down over the walls
The great thing is that you can do it any way that works best for you. Give it a try and have some fun!
More gardening tips and plant information can be found at Weekend Gardener Monthly Web Magazine